Hybrid Systems has led the design of modular battery energy storage systems (BESS) enclosures, allowing for ease of installation.
Hybrid Systems’ BESS design is adaptable and suitable for all sectors of government and mining and is designed to the highest of standards, with sizing from 1MW to 200MW ensuring flexibility, modularity and redundancy at 11/22/33KV output voltages.
Advantages of incorporating a BESS into a power station asset or network include:
- Increased power quality and reliability
- Grid/power station stability and strength (virtual synchronous machine/inertia)
- Lower fuel consumption and emissions
- Reduction in power station spinning reserve
- Added protection in the event of a generator shutdown or failure
- Greater protection against large load spikes or dips
- Optimised generator fuel burn and efficiencies
- Solar smoothing
- Storage of excess energy from rooftop solar
- Release of hosting capacity to enable additional rooftop solar systems